1. Everybody is happier in the sunshine. Fact. Apart from when they start complaining it’s too hot. (Something that Krys has been discovering that Brits are very good at doing!)
2. Many British people have not yet realised that you do need to wear sun screen in this country.
3. Yet, even when wearing Factor 30 and a cardigan, it is still possible to get burned (as attested when I caught sight of my shoulder yesterday).
4. Four days is the longest I can wear flip flops before my old lady feet need a day of wearing my trainers and orthoses.
5. Lunch outside to a celebrate a good friend’s 30th, with a view over the water, cheese stuffed peppers, sparkling elderflower and delicious homemade hummus, cannot be beaten.
6. There is absolutely no way to eat a strawberry mini milk ice lolly in public that doesn’t look lewd and suggestive.